Chesapeake (PaxLair Times) – October 9, 2013 – by Ashlynn – What is autumn without an appropriate story contest? A dull season of raking up leaves I say. Not that I ever bother to do that.
The Halloween Story Contest!
But this time round the format is also changing! We will be trying something a little more spontaneous with a focus on improvisation.
- Come in costume (unless you are already creepy looking like Savaric).
- You don’t need to prepare a story in advance.
- There will be a box (or other container) containing books with a random word(s) in them.
- Tell a spooky story based on the random word you draw.
- Keep stories to no longer than five minutes.
The contest will be held at the Shrine of Sobriety on Saturday, October 19th at 9pm EST. I will be recording the stories and posting them here on the Times. There will be prizes (like a melon or a statue of a tadpole or something) for the best entries.